17/04/2011

Festival fever

Glastonbury 2010


I am not really into festivals, as I recently told a friend I am more a box of wine/picnic blanket type concert goer than the camping in the rain/getting sweaty in the mosh pit festival goer. This might be because although in the UK we have arguably the most famous festival, Glastonbury. We also have famously temperamental (read: crap) weather and as the idea of being rained on for 4 days appeals to me as much a root canal without anaesthetic, I've never been that into the idea of festivals.

There are two exceptions to this though, every year I think how much I would love to go to SXSW in Austin, Texas and Coachella in California. SXSW is mostly to do with my desire to go to Austin, Texas. Plus it is a total multi-media festival with music and film projects and lots of up-coming artists.

Coachella is on at the moment and this year the line up sounds particularly awesome, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Mumford & Sons, Nas and Ellie Goulding to name a (random) few. Also from a superficial perspective (surprisng I know!) the fashion at Coachella is always worth a look. I don't know if it's because it's the artist that play or because of the location being so close to L.A but the A-list always turn out in their well dressed masses.




The MVP's so far on my list are the usual suspects - Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger. I have made no secret of my love for Kate, I think she always looks great. I love her short shorts with high tops. Very California cool.




Diane (accessorising with the lovely Josh Jackson - and gentlemen take note this is how to do summer dressing; no skinny jeans, no cut off shorts, just a classic white shirt and straight leg slightly washed out jeans) manages to look great working the perfect summer combo of a nude maxi skirt and plain vest.

So maybe I am re-thinking my anti festival stance or maybe I just want to be somewhere sunny listening to cool music and looking fabulous.

Pictures with thanks to Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment