27/04/2011

Happy Birthday to me...




It is very nearly my birthday.

I am not a birthday person, I enjoy the presents (as any shallow, object obsessed person does) but I hate the focus. I hate it being all about me; my birthday, my day, my decisions. The irony is on any other day I adore it being about me and am prone to throw a strop if it isn't.

This birthday I am particularly dreading. It has been brought to my attention that I am in fact not getting any younger and this birthday will not only add a year to my life but will push me into the next box on official forms. My last birthday whilst not as "nothing" as I thought it would be, was not as bad for me as it was for some of my friends. I dealt with last year in quite a grown up fashion, however on this birthday, despite it being a school night I fully intend to get drunk and possible cry about my wasted youth.

There are a few things that might make my birthday more bearable....


A Daisy Knights chakra bracelet (available at my wardrobe).


Laduree macaroons.


Vintage cocktail glasses, a cocktail shaker and a bottle of Noilly Pratt (all part of my quest for the perfect Martini).



Angus & Julia Stone to serenade me, specifically with And The Boys (but I'm not fussy), if they aren't available then it'd be great if Adele could pop round with tickets for her London dates.


Images thanks to Laduree, Daisy Knights, Google. Videos thanks to youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment