24/11/2011

5 weeks 'til Christmas but thinking about Summer

It is November, which in the real world means jumpers, thoughts of Christmas and red wine by the fire. In the fashion world it means SS12 and Trends. Ask any fashion assistant and they will tell you the most dreaded part of show season is not the ticket requests (which is a pure form of hell) or the shows themselves, but weeks later when it comes to creating trend reports. They are exactly what they sound like, a report about the trends. You go on style.com look at ALL of the shows and put different looks from different designers into trends. I have just done this. In case you care next season you will be wearing, white, candy colours, sport luxe and fifties styles - though hopefully not all at once.

The good thing about the trend report is I get to look at my favourite shows, see my favourite designers and generally invest time in the pretty. My top 5 for SS12 are the usual suspects, but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke..."

Givenchy

I don't know what Mr Tisci has for breakfast, but I would certainly like some. His shows are always so well crafted and beautiful. I've always wanted to be a mermaid and I would gladly be an urban one based on his vision.

3.1 Phillip Lim

I have multiple versions of my grown up self and this is one of them. Crisp tailoring, soft colours - the perfect summer look.

Preen

Every season they get it right and every season I want it all. That dress is my perfect go to dress, or would be if I could be trusted to wear white.

Jonathan Saunders

LFW may be stuck in between two financial power players, but Jonny proves season after season why he deserves his fashion place. I am already dreaming about owning this jumper (and if the waiting list is anything to go by, so are the rest of the London fashion scene).

Stella McCartney

It is my life long ambition to go to work in my PJ's and if I was wearing Stella no one could say I wasn't work appropriate. Win Win. 


No comments:

Post a Comment