06/12/2011

Heinz Variety


Isla Fisher in Confessions of a Shopaholic

After about 5 years of thinking about it and 18 months of talking about it, I finally did it. I dyed my hair red (well I paid someone to do it, I'm not a total fool). So now I am officially a red-head. The comments have been positive, ranging from "oh have you dyed your hair" to "It looks so pretty" - though of course no one is going to flat out tell me my hair looks crap. The colour itself is not a problem, I like it, it's what I wanted so all good. The problem is, I don't know how to dress as a red-head.

I've tried getting inspiration by looking to my fave red heads; Emma Stone, Isla Fisher, Bonnie Wright, Julianne Moore but it isn't much help. They all look great on the red carpet but their personal day-to-day style is not my thing. Although I wouldn't say no to Bonnie's jewellery and Emma's (alleged) boyfriend. Generally my style is a bit of a mix of things. The aim is to be french chic meets park avenue prep with a hint of Aussie laid back surf style on any and all beach holidays and long sunny days. The reality is casual separates (dictated by budget and what I can steal from the boyfriend) with occasional attempts at girly/pretty. None of this works with red hair.  

I am in a style crisis. I knew how to dress as a dirty blonde, hair colour people not character – get your minds out of the gutter. I even knew how to dress as a brunette but a casual red head, it is not going well. Suggestions would be very welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment