16/07/2010

I want to ride my bicycle



When the sun is shining there is nothing I want more than to go for a leisurely bike ride along the river, stopping off at a pub for a glass of wine then heading home. In this day dream I would never get sweaty or shouted at by motorists and the bike would be Chanel! However, the Chanel bike (at around £6000+) is slightly out of my price range so this summer I have set my sights on a Pashley Princess Classic (vaguely more reasonable at £495+).



In this version of the dream I am still very glamourous and unsweaty but probably would be shouted at by motorists. I wouldn't care though because my basket would be full of flowers and the sun would be shining! I have gone to look at my bike in the cycle shop the way I would normally visit shoes I have decided I want but can't afford. Until I can own my own Pashley I am content with visiting it, and make do with walking along the river.

And if come July 30th I still don't have my own dream bike then I shall rent one in the new Barclays scheme in London. Although looking at the prices, I might be better off with my Pashley, based on cost per use analysis of course!

Images with thanks to Pashley cycles and Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment