14/07/2010

Pretty Little...style



I have a confession to make...I have a weakness for teen tv shows.

I'm pretty sure there is no 12 step program, you're just meant to grow out of it. Well I'm a good few years out of my teens now and I haven't grown out of these shows yet, in fact I have just found a new show to aid my obsession!

Step up Pretty Little Liars. Apparently it's based on a book but I am definately too old to have read those, I just know it as the show. Basic premise: It's about 4 teenage girls whose friend died and now the mysterious "A" is blackmailing them with secrets. So far, so teenage. But other than the plot and the cute male cast, the main thing that has me hooked is the styling.




The costume designer Mandi Line is so smart with the key details! Which is actually harder than it looks (trust me on this one)! All four girls have their own style, labels queen Hannah, preppy Spencer and sporty/casual Emily but by far my favourite is Aria, played by the gorgeous Lucy Hale. Aria is a bit quirky in the way I always wish I'd been. She customises pieces to perfection and is not bothered by what people think of her different look in the confident way that only tv characters can be at that age. The above pic is Aria at her Homecoming dance, channelling Madonna with one glove and Balmain with detailed shoulders!

For more on the girls Homecoming style head over to ABC Family, where there is a great gallery saying where all the pieces are from.

Images with thanks to ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment