13/07/2010

J'adore Couture


Christian Dior Fall 2010 Couture

Couture week always makes me sad, well okay not sad per say more like extremely jealous that I'm not there, and even if I was that the pieces are a tad out of my mere mortal price range. I didn't have a favourite show from Paris Couture week this year, but as usual I had a lot of favourite pieces.


Valentino Fall 2010

The biggest surprise for me was Valentino, which seemed a lot more accessible than we are used to seeing from Couture. Don't be surprised to see variations of the bow detailing (above) on a high street near you soon.


Chanel Fall 2010

Of course when you think Couture, you think Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld didn't disappoint. From painstakingly detailed embroidered coats to a wedding suit in white and gold no detail was missed. But for me, the piece I am most lusting over was the bracelets. Worn with each look, either stacked up the arm or just a few, they are gorgeous in their gothic heavy detail. They'd look divine worn in the slightly grungy heavily layered style the Olsen twins favour. As I'm not an Olsen twin, it seems unlikely that Chanel will be popping round with a gift bag for me anytime soon, so I'll be layering heavy (cheaper) bracelets in hope for the same effect!

Images credit Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment